Opportunity for Members
Call for Submission
The NS Printmakers present
“EXTREMEs”, prints by members of the Nova Scotia Printmakers
Inverness County Centre for the Arts, Inverness, Cape Breton, NS, June 2017
Members of the Nova Scotia Printmakers are invited to submit works on paper for an exhibition, “EXTREMEs”, at the Inverness County Centre for the Arts (ICCA) in Inverness, Cape Breton, NS, on display in June of 2017. Works will explore the theme of extremes either by size, big or small, or by thematic exploration such as weather, politics, human experience and much more.
If you are not a current member you can join or renew. Please read the following information carefully.
– Deadline to fill out online submission form, May 15th, 2017
– Deadline for drop-off of prints (locations to TBA), May 22nd, 2017
– Deadline for receipt of $5 entry fee, May 22nd, 2017
– Hanging of exhibition, May 26th all day & morning of May 27th, 2017
– Opening receptions, May 27th, 2017, 2-4pm
– Exhibition runs, May 27th to June 24th, 2017
– Dismantling of exhibition, June 24th, 2017 after 5pm
– Pickup of works, TBA, depending on location
An entry fee of $5 per artist can be submitted via PayPal or by dropping off cash or a cheque along with your print submission by May 22nd, 2017.
– All letterpress, and fine art print mediums accepted, including woodcut, linocut, intaglio, lithography, silkscreen, monotype, collagraph. We encourage installation or three dimensional pieces, if you are able to come install/transport yourself, as the ICCA is a large space conducive to this type of work. If the installation or three dimensional piece does not require assembly, we can accept submissions shipped directly to the ICCA with prior agreement.
– For flat works unframed and unmatted are preferred, as transport space will be limited. If your piece is best displayed framed, or is somehow installed on a hard surface please email Julie Rosvall, email@example.com, directly to discuss prior to submitting the online form.
– All works must arrive in packaging appropriate for storage and transport. Rolled in tubes is best, see note above if this is not possible.
– While we encourage you to create new work for this show, we will be accepting older prints.
– We will be accepting a maximum of three prints per member.
SUBMISSIONS OF PRINTS
– Drop-off points will be available in Halifax, Wolfville, Annapolis Royal, and Mahone Bay. All works must be received no later than May 22nd, 2017
– If you require information about dropoff points prior to filling out the online submission form, please email Julie Rosvall, firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you plan to mail or courier your work it will need to arrive by Friday, May19th, 2017, please be sure you’ve checked transit times before sending.
– All prints, mailed or dropped off, must be packaged appropriately for storage and transport
Volunteers always take great care when handling submission from our members, that being said, the NS Printmakers and its volunteers are not responsible for loss or damage to entries. Your submission of work is your acceptance of these conditions. We encourage you to package your work carefully for transport and storage.
INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
If you have any questions, or need more information please email Julie Rosvall, email@example.com, or call 902-691-1493.
You can find out more about the Nova Scotia Printmakers by visiting www.nsprintmakers.ca. We can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by searching for “nsprintmakers”, or you can follow the links from our website.